Thursday 8 January 2009

BCS

Tonight at 7:00pm is the BCS National Championship. Oklahoma Sooners vs Florida Gators. Obviously I am rooting for the Sooners. I am so excited. I am even getting off work early to watch the game.
Oklahoma is #1 in the country! Oklahoma has lost the last 5 BCS games that they have played which is a worry for every Sooner fan. Another scary fact is that we are known for playing very hard in the first half and slacking extremely in the 2nd. Sam Bradford (quarterback) won the heisman trophy this year and he has had an excellent season. The only game lost by the Sooners this season was to Texas Longhorns.
Florida is #2 in the country. Florida did win the BCS Championship 2 years ago. Tim Tebow (FL quarterback) won the heisman last year. The only game FL lost this season was to Ole Miss.

Here are the actual stats for this season for the 2 teams..........
Average Points Per Game: OU - 54.0 FL - 45.2
Rushing Yards OU - 205.5 FL - 229.8
Passing Yards OU - 356.5 FL - 212.6
Total Yards OU - 562.1 FL - 442.4
Sacks OU - 11 FL - 16
Rushing TDs OU - 45 FL - 41
Passing TDs OU - 49 FL - 31
Pass Completion OU - 68.1 FL - 64.5

With that said my prediction is for the sooners to win, which of course was what I wanted anyhow!

2 comments:

  1. hey. PLEASE don't write with that red on your background. I had to highlight it to read it... Go Sooners! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that. I had to highlight to read it too.

    ReplyDelete