Wednesday 7 January 2009

New Year New Things

Okay, well guys to be quite honest I am not a blogger. I never have been but I see how much it has helped people get out their thoughts and even sometimes realize some things. So since I have never done this before I figure might as well. That is what new years are for right? If not to start new things than what? :)

Well, if you read my "About Me" section than you know already that my family and friends mean everything to me. Most likely, you will hear quite a bit about them all throughout my blog.

I guess we will start this new blog with a new years goals......

Okay here goes, I am so sick of people taking advantage of me. I will not allow anyone to make me feel belittled or insecure this year. People always think that it is ok to just say and do whatever they want to people regardless of the way it makes the other person feel. Well no more will I allow myself to be the one they can mistreat.

Secondly, I will become a better person. I plan on growing closer in my walk with God this year. There are a couple things that I am going to do in order for this to happen. I am going to try to find a church to go to on a weekly basis and I have a few bible studies that I will be going through also.

Thirdly, I will grow closer to my family this year. I originally moved "out" when I was 17. That was 4 years ago whenever I moved to Georgia. Since that time my relationship with my family members has gotten better in some areas and worse in others. So, I will work to grow closer to the people that I love.

Lastly, I want to get into school. As most of you know, I have wanted to be a teacher for a few years. It is a very important goal in my life. I have the weighing on my heart that being a teacher is by far the thing that I was created to be. I am in a huge situation when it comes to that because I am 21 and I live on my own. I know that sounds normal, but when it comes to FAFSA it obviously is not. In order to even apply for financial aid they require me to not only claim my own income but also the income of my parents (which you know live 450 miles away). This is ridiculous. Honestly I already make too much money probably but adding their's also is just like financial aid murder LOL.

Well that is all for now. I hope that all of your New Years Goals are great for you and that you succeed as I know I will. Thanks for reading and have a great 2009!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a very awesome blog! It sounds like you have some great goals for the year! You will accomplish them and I will always be your best friend and try my best to help you accomplish your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chickadee. I love you , and I DEFINITELY hope you keep the goal to get closer to your family..LOL Love you!!

    ReplyDelete